Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lost . . . Again.

I recently decided to re-watch the television program Lost.  Part of the reason is because I'd recently finished watching all of 30 Rock on Netflix on demand and needed something to watch, and more importantly it would give my girlfriend and I something to do together over Skype while she is in California.  We tried watching Battlestar: Galactica, and as great of a show as it is, it's kind of dark and that wasn't the mood that I was going for; we decided on Lost because she hadn't seen it, and I wanted to see if the ending made any more sense in retrospect.  So about a month ago we started watching an episode an evening and recently finished the first season.  My thoughts so far: I really like this show.  I mean, really.  I love it.  It's easy to forget how great the show is when your memory is tempered (haunted?) by the series finale.  But it's great.  Full of intrigue, suspense, drama, twists, turns, polar bears and weird hatches in the jungle.  And then there are the Others.  The enigma of their identity and the endless hypotheses were the highlights of my summers in the mid-2000s.  And now I get to watch that same glee and wonder vicariously through my girlfriend, who is thrilled to watch it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment