Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Update!

December is an interesting month.  I don't mean just because of Christmas, the absurd dash to find the newest and shiniest toy, the cacophony of jingles, ballads and carols, and the faceless hordes that descend from the hills (so it seems) to clog up the stores and roads and Starbucks.  I mean that December is a strange month because I'm home on break, trying to find seasonal work. 

In the meanwhile, I'm catching up on television, movies, books and music that I've meant to enjoy but haven't had the time.  So, hopefully, you'll see a few more reviews (of books, TV, and movies). 

More importantly, it gives me time to work on writing.  I know I should put my butt in my chair and my fingers on the keyboard all the time, and I won't make excuses.  Regardless, this offers me a great opportunity to get some writing done.

To cap it all off, I'm finally going to read Game of Thrones.  I've tried several times before, and I've never been able to get past the first hundred pages.  But, I figure that if I can get through all these books for school then I can power my way through G.R.R. Martin's thinly veiled War of the Roses fantasy epic.  As part of that, however, I've decided I'll also watch the Game of Thrones television series.  Not only will I review each on their own merit, I think it would be interesting to see how the show meshes with the book. 

Have any thoughts about books I should review this holiday?  Shows I just have to see?  Maybe a movie that I missed that deserves my attention.  Let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. lol. I want your review on Pitch Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to get to that. I think it's coming out on DVD soon so I'll RedBox it and let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete