Monday, October 1, 2012

Persons of Interest . . . Of Interest?

Last year, a new show popped on CBS about a guy who could see the future and wanted to use this amazing ability to help people.  Sound familiar?  That's what I thought, too.  Wasn't this a re-make of just about every sci-fi primetime television show, ever?  The twist, I guess, is that the ability to see the future isn't supernatural.  It's technological.  Seems a Great Man of Science invented a machine that can sift through the myriad signals floating through the ether and detect patterns.  Sometimes these patterns discern danger, and here's where Jesus steps in.  Yep, they got Jim Caviezel to save the day.  Nothing about this particular synopsis seemed compelling, and after the first episode I let it drop.

Then I read today that this was the show that every free-thinking, green-blooded sci-fi fan should be watching.  Based on a script initially developed by J.J. Abrams and Jonathan Nolan, it seems that early reviewers and audiences received it very well.  While I cannot say that I was especially blown away by my first encounter with the show, it does seem to be on Netflix at the moment, so I'll let you know what I think in a few episodes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment