Thursday, August 23, 2012

Amazon Hero Award

Every once in a while, I get irritated when someone disparages or dislikes something that I like.  I have a lot of emotional energy tied up in the books, movies, music, etc., that I enjoy and hearing someone disparage them feels like an attack against me personally.  So I get it.  I understand that sometimes we all need to let off some steam.  But sometimes we just need to take a long, calming breath and realize that these things don't really matter.  The flame war by devout fans (and husband) of Emily Giffin are just really over the top.  I mean, death threats?  Really, people.  Chill. 

Anyway, I hereby nominate Corey A. Doyle for the Amazon Hero Award, an award which recognizes intellectual and moral courage in the face of social pressure on the internet.  So way to go, Corey, for sticking up for yourself.  I hope the cops catch the bastard.

1 comment:

  1. And once again showing that the internet brings out the worst in humanity. I loved Emily's statement that Corey should take down her posts if she didn't want death threats (replace "take down her posts" with "not wear skimpy clothing" and "death threats" with "rape.") Class act that one.

    ReplyDelete